Attn Packagers: Dependency addition for XAudio2 support

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 1 14:51:51 CST 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 07:29:28 -0600
Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> This is going to be a major regression for anyone using the winehq
> builds for gaming. Do we have a Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora user who is
> interested in stepping up to build FAudio in winehq's OBS, and working
> with Rosanne to modify the Wine build process to use it?

Well, it appears that Debian is adding Faudio packages to sid. https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/faudio_19.02-1.html

Note this doesn't really help with our packages, as we don't package for sid and the sid packages can't be used for our jessie, stretch and buster builds.

My guess is that this will follow the same pattern as libvulkan/vkd3d, with distros adding Faudio packages to their new releases and ignoring the old ones.

--
Rosanne DiMesio
dimesio at earthlink.net