Wine staging 4.3 release

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 3 12:48:58 CST 2019

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 07:14:41 +0000
Alistair Leslie-Hughes <leslie_alistair at hotmail.com> wrote:

> NOTE:
> All FAudio patches has been reverted due to the lack of official package
> support.
> This will allow games that require XAudio2 support to still run.

IMO, that is neither necessary nor advisable. The FAudio dependency will not affect the stable branch until 5.0, and I expect that by then distros will have added FAudio packages to their latest release. Until then, the WineHQ packages are designed to allow installing all three branches at the same time, so users can use the stable branch for games that need it while still having the development and/or staging branches available for testing.

--
Rosanne DiMesio
dimesio at earthlink.net