Attn Packagers: Dependency addition for XAudio2 support

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 3 17:30:53 CST 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 07:29:28 -0600
Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> This is going to be a major regression for anyone using the winehq
> builds for gaming. Do we have a Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora user who is
> interested in stepping up to build FAudio in winehq's OBS, and working
> with Rosanne to modify the Wine build process to use it?

Thanks to Marcus Meissner, we have experimental FAudio packages for Fedora 28 & 29 on the OBS, and the wine-devel 4.3 packages were built with FAudio support.

The caveat is that FAudio had to be built with SDL-2 older than 2.0.9, an issue that affects nearly every distro we currently build for. While Wine's configure script was satisfied with the FAudio packages that were built, I have no idea if or how using an older SDL-2 might affect functionality. We need feedback from testers. If it works out, the .spec file can potentially be adapted for our Debian/Ubuntu builds. If not, that's the end of trying to do anythng from our end: we are not going to chase after dependencies of dependencies.

Note also that even if it works, the FAudio packages will not be distributed from dl.winehq.org, as  this is meant only as a temporary workaround until distros add the necessary packages. Users can get the Fedora FAudio packages directly from https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Emulators:/Wine:/Fedora/Fedora_28/ and https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Emulators:/Wine:/Fedora/Fedora_29_standard/.

--
Rosanne DiMesio
dimesio at earthlink.net