wine-gecko/mono packages (Re: RFC: reducing wasted disk space from addon files)

Erich E. Hoover erich.e.hoover at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 21:23:58 CDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 6:48 PM Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:56:46 +0100
> Jens Reyer <jre.winesim at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 18.03.19 20:43, Jens Reyer wrote:
> > > What I wrote so far is assuming that the packages have different names.
> My package names are wine-mono and wine-gecko.

That will work fine as long as all installed wine versions use the
same version of mono and gecko.  However, if you end up with one of
the wine packages relying on an older version (say... stable) then
you'll run into a problem.  You can avoid this by naming the packages
wine-mono-4.8.0 and wine-gecko-2.47 (for the latest versions) and
placing explicit wine dependencies upon the package name for the
required version.

Best,
Erich