Winetest fails to write to log file

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Sun Mar 31 07:16:18 CDT 2019

Am 03.03.19 um 03:02 schrieb Isira Seneviratne:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a bizarre issue where Winetest displays an error message box saying that it cannot write to the log file (error code is 6) with the attached patch applied to the code.
>
> I referred to the following Perl script as well: https://source.winehq.org/git/tools.git/blob/HEAD:/winetest/dissect
>
> Also, I tried iterating through the log file after all the tests have finished executing, but that does not display any results as intended, so I reverted to the method that I used in the prior patches.
> --
> Isira Seneviratne
> isirasen96 at gmail.com <mailto:isirasen96 at gmail.com>

Hi,

GSoC is beginning to start again and people are already proposing this project, so I had a look again.
Do you think we should remove the idea from the list?

What leads to the error 6 is that logfile became NULL, as this is not possible it was most likely overwritten by a buffer overflow.
Increasing the sizes of prev_unit and prev_dll fixes it. Your original sizes (20 and 30) indicate that you should think more about how big those buffers should be.
If you don't know, allocate them and make them grow dynamically.

I would also encourage to move the listview to the right of the existing controls.

>                 /* Avoid unnecessary copying of the contents of 'dll' and 'unit' to 'prev_dll' and 'prev_unit' */
>                 if (strcmp(prev_dll, dll))
>                     strcpy(prev_dll, dll);
>                 if (strcmp(prev_unit, unit))
>                     strcpy(prev_unit, unit);