Porting wine to amd64 on NetBSD

zerous zerous at nocebo.space
Wed May 15 03:29:54 CDT 2019

Hi All,

I have been trying to port wine-4.4 to amd64 on NetBSD.  I have
managed to compile and install it on i386. However, I get black windows when
trying to run graphical programs. I have tried running CLI programs
and found them working fine. I tried debugging it using debug channels
and found the following errors:

wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00443ff0 at
0x0017:0xbb748059 (thread 000f), starting debugger..
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out

I am not sure how I might proceed with troubleshooting the issue.
I am able to successfully run wine-1.9.18 on my current setup which is:
- i386 kernel and userland, -current

I am not sure if there is something that changed between 1.9.18 and
4.4 which could cause this.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what I should look
into to solve this.

--
Regards,
zerous