TestBot: Updated Windows 10 VM

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Wed May 15 18:01:27 CDT 2019

tl;dr
  You can now test and debug failures on both old and new Windows 10
  releases.

I have updated the TestBot's Windows 10 VM. I applied one 'Feature
Releases' per year on top of the initial installation.

As usual you can find (most of) the details of the VM in its description
(in the test results click on the triangle next to the VM name).

So now the TestBot has the following VMs[1]:

* w1064v1507
  This is the initial release of Windows 10 which, as its name
  indicates, dates back to 2015/07.
  It is essentially unchanged from the previous w1064 VM: I just
  switched the disk controller to Virtio SCSI (which is supposed to
  offer better performance) and upgraded the Virtio drivers to 0.1.164.

* w1064v1607
  I upgraded w1064v1507 using the Windows 10 1607 ISO while Windows had
  no network to prevent it from downloading other updates. That's it.

* w1064v1709
  Same thing: installed Windows 10 1709 on top of w1064v1607.

* w1064v1809
  I first installed Windows 10 1809Oct_v2 ISO on top of w1064v1709 the
  same way as above. Note that this is the non-broken version of the
  1809 release. Then I enabled the network and installed the remaining
  Windows updates available on 2019-05-10.

Yes, I skipped 1511, 1703 and 1803 to minimize the number of snapshots
in the VM.

Currently the TestBot is set up to test every wine patch against the
w1064v1507 snapshot so as to match the previous configuration, and
against the w1064v1809 snapshot so we can catch and debug tests that
fail on a 'modern' Windows 10 system.

The TestBot is not testing the wine patches on the 1607 and 1709
snapshots. I expect the results on those will either match 1507 or 1809.
When submitting a job directly on the website you can however click on
the 'Show all VMs' button and manually select the w1064v1607 and
w1064v1709 to run your tests on these too.

w1064v1607 and w1064v1709 do run WineTest daily so you can see their
results on test.winehq.org. It's actually fun to see how the number of
failures increases from one version to the next:

  w1064v1507   4 failures
  w1064v1607  23 failures
  w1064v1709  52 failures
  w1064v1809  63 failures

[1] It's really just 4 snapshots of the same VM.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>