Porting wine to amd64 on NetBSD

zerous zerous at nocebo.space
Fri May 17 16:07:23 CDT 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 02:24:33PM +0200, André Hentschel wrote:
> Am 15.05.19 um 10:29 schrieb zerous:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am not sure if there is something that changed between 1.9.18 and
> > 4.4 which could cause this.
> >
> > I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what I should look
> > into to solve this.
> >

> Hi,
>
> Is that part of NetBSDs GSoC?
> Was your wine-1.9.18 patched for netbsd in some way?
> Could you do a regression test? Or at least a "cheap" one with releases only (e.g. start with wine-2.21)?

Yes, it is part of the NetBSD GSoC.
Yes, wine-1.9.18 was patched for NetBSD. I applied the same patches to the newer releases too.
And I did git bisect and found that this commit is the first commit which caused the black window issue.
commit hash: a52d09198d3264c9c712a70de57446e6183957dd
winex11: Run a single clipboard manager thread per window station, inside the explorer process

Do you think there could be something in the commit that particularly caused this?

--
Regards,
Naveen Narayanan