Visual Studio 2015 compiled Versus MinGW cross-compiled code?

Thales thaleslv at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 12:38:42 CST 2019

Hello,
I've been stuck on this issue, where code compiled in Visual Studio (C++) and code compiled via the cross-compiler, MinGW, in a Wine test are behaving differently (I'm using Ubuntu 16.04).  It is surprising me, because these are a few virtually identical API level calls and I assumed that would result in the same behavior.
This is code from dlls/comctl32/tests/combo.c, compiled in the mirrored 64-bit build folder  .   I wrote a small test function in Wine, compiled and ran it.
I wrote the same test in Visual Studio.    These are all API level calls.

It is with Visual Studio that I boiled the bug I'm working on to a few sequential API calls, but, strangely, the cross-compiled code doesn't give the same results.
I ran them both on Windows 10 and Windows 7.
I can provide details, but I wonder if anyone has any insights concern these differences?
Thanks!...John Alway