Visual Studio 2015 compiled Versus MinGW cross-compiled code?

Thales thaleslv at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 15 23:30:19 CST 2019

Stefan,
When I change the MajorOperatingSystemVersion field in the PE files (I mistakenly referred to MajorSubsystemVersion above) for both the wine cross compiled and the Windows Visual Studio 2015 version, the performance of neither changed.
Also, I realized that the version of mingw does default to 4. I read the wrong field.
I'm pursuing another approach now.
    On Friday, November 15, 2019, 04:13:10 PM CST, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmail.com> wrote:

 Am 15.11.19 um 03:03 schrieb Thales:

> Just for the record, in the "Optional Header," under the category
> "MajorSubsystemVersion," the mingw created PE binary has NT version 4
> (released 1996), whereas the Visual Studio 2015 PE binary has it set to
> NT version 6 (released 2008).
>
> So, it's exactly as you said!
Does this cause the behavior difference you see? If you edit the header
manually, does the mingw build get the msvc behavior and vice versa?