Do we need a Mr Tests?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 19:27:18 CDT 2019

On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 at 02:03, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> Hence why I think we may need someone whose responsibility would be to
> monitor test.winehq.org, analyze the WineTest results, diagnose new
> issues and report them.

I think ideally yes. More generally, I'm usually in favour of making
specific people responsible for specific things. I think it's worth
pointing out that ideally we'd have someone that's skilled enough to
investigate and write fixes for a good chunk of the failures we have
or that are going to come up. Bringing failures to the attention of
people familiar with the relevant areas helps, but it's also often
enough the case that other commitments are the reason that the people
in question didn't notice the failures in the first place.