Adding DXIL support

Greg Roth goyoroth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 10:36:53 CDT 2019

Hi Henri!

Thanks for your response. I was about to rewrite the email adhering to what
I've since picked up on is the subject formatting standards around here.

I am referring to support for reading DXIL bytecode in libvkd3d-shader. My
new subject line was to be "[RFC] vkd3d-shader: Adding DXIL support".

The reason I wanted to ask permission was to make sure I wasn't duplicating
effort of someone else. This is on the todo list so it seemed possible
someone else was working on it. Additionally, I was concerned my exposure
to Microsoft code, albeit Microsoft code built on top of LLVM code under
the University of Illinois License might make my contributions
unacceptable. If none of that is the case, I'll happily continue to forge
away at this and I'll give you an update when I have something I think is
ready to be committed.

Thanks!

Greg