RFC: TestBot priorities

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Thu Apr 2 22:39:43 CDT 2020

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
[...]
> Please remove the recently added "feature" to use -Werror when compiling
> the tests. It's the worst thing you get when you just want to run simple
> test: https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=68772

My understanding is that Alexandre compiles Wine with -Werror (as per
the maintainer mode and patch rejections due to compilation warnings).
So any patch that fails to compile with -Werror should be rejected by
the TestBot.

Now I can understand it can be annoying for manually submitted jobs if
you don't plan on submitting the patch but having separate trees so the
TestBot can compile either with or without -Werror is not very
practical.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>