Preparing Wine 5.0.1 for GCC 10

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at winehq.org
Wed Apr 29 14:18:18 CDT 2020

On 4/28/20 11:48 PM, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Apr 2020, Jactry Zeng wrote:
>> Stable branch is maintained by Michael: https://wiki.winehq.org/Stable_Rules
>
> Thank you, Jactry, for that helpful pointer!
>
> I had a look, and https://wiki.winehq.org/Special:WhatLinksHere/Stable_Rules
> indicates no other page is linking to that one (short of a redirect)?
I'm linking from outside to it:
https://people.redhat.com/mstefani/wine/stable/
https://github.com/mstefani/wine-stable

Those are the links I'm including in my Stable rc emails.

Where did you look for it on the wiki? Just as a hint where it might
make sense to add it.
In theory it should go to the Developer section. But new developers
don't come to Wine for Stable. And longer term developers see my emails
on wine-devel so wouldn't go to the Developer section for that information.

> On Tue, 28 Apr 2020, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
>> Thanks for the patch list Gerald.
>> I need to upgrade to Fedora 32 so I'll be on gcc 10 anyway during 5.0.x
>
> Great, thank you, Michael!
>
> Do you already have a date for 5.0.1 in mind?
If all goes well: mid May.

bye
	michael