Call for WineConf Hosts

Ulrich Czekalla uczekalla at codeweavers.com
Sun Feb 2 07:05:00 CST 2020

Hi All,

During the last WineConf it was decided that we needed a more formal
process for choosing the next WineConf host. It was also decided that we
need to help current and future hosts by by putting together a support
WineConf committee along with a checklist to help guide the host.

To that end, we have started a Organising WineConf [1] wiki page. It's
by no means complete so I encourage all past hosts to review and edit
the page to make it more helpful to potential hosts. Thanks to Henri for
providing most of the current content.

This is also a call for proposals to host the next WineConf sometime
this year. Ideally proposals would present;

Proposed dates
Proposed city
Information on potential venues and travel

We'll need to choose a host relatively quickly as it does take time to
plan and book the event. I'm hoping we can settle on a host by the end
of February but ultimately that decision goes to the Wine Committee.
Questions, comments, concerns can be posted on the mailing list.

Thanks,
-Ulrich

1. http://wiki.winehq.org/Organising_WineConf