Almost unused functions in mountmgr.sys

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Feb 3 04:52:18 CST 2020

So I have a script telling me that, in mountmgr.sys, create_scsi_entry()
and set_scsi_device_name() are not used.

Looking into this it turns out that they are only used on macOS and on
Linux distributions that still have libhal, which I expect most
distributions have dropped in favor of libdbus-1.

So are we missing code to use these on modern Linux machines that have
libdbus-1 but not libhal? Or is there something else at play?

           Un western sans indien c'est comme une police sans serif.
                                 -- John Wayne