New urlmon/wininet/winhttp test failures since Feb 2

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Sun Feb 9 18:04:34 CST 2020

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020, Sven Baars wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> There seem to be some new failures on some Windows 7 machines since last
> weekend when the website was really slow:
>
> https://test.winehq.org/data/tests/urlmon:protocol.html
> https://test.winehq.org/data/tests/urlmon:url.html
> https://test.winehq.org/data/tests/winhttp:winhttp.html
> https://test.winehq.org/data/tests/wininet:http.html

Actually, if I ignore the 2nd and 3rd where the server was obviously not
working right, the new failures are all specific to a subset of the
tests I run on my VMware Windows 7 VM.

If I open https://test.winehq.org/tests/hello.html in Internet Explorer
I get an error telling me:

  | The certificate has been issued by a certification authority that
  | isn't recognized by Internet Explorer. Phishing sites often use fake
  | certificates that trigger this error.

>From one day to the next a different subset of the configurations gets
the error. I suspect it has to do with the VM's clock getting outdated
despite the fact that updating the VM clock does not help right away,
and despite all the certificates in the chain being valid both when the
snapshots were taken (2019-09-20) and now.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>