[RFC] Trying to fix desktop switches, cont.

Rafał Mużyło galtgendo at o2.pl
Thu Jul 9 11:21:34 CDT 2020

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 05:31:34PM +0430, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 16:12, Gabriel Ivăncescu <gabrielopcode at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 08/07/2020 22:36, Rafał Mużyło wrote:
> >
> > AFAIK, Windows 10 supports multiple desktops / workspaces. Did you try
> > to see what happens in Windows 10 when you switch desktops?
> >
> Potentially relevant:
> https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20200302-00/?p=103507

Kind of interesting, yet likely orthogonal, as all the time I was (as
explicitly noted in the previous post) talking about *X11* virtual
desktops.

If wine already did implement DWMWA_CLOAKED, then yes, *perhaps* that
would be a valid way of solving this problem, but even then I doubt it
would be 1:1 solution.