How to install new typelibs on multilib

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Tue Jun 2 12:06:48 CDT 2020

Hi Michael,

On 02.06.2020 18:52, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Wine 5.9 installed typelibs for the first time in /usr/include:
> oleacc.tlb, stdole2.tlb, and stdole32.tlb
>
> Are these meant to be shipped there? I cannot find the commit that did
> this.

Yes, see:

https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/commitdiff/7a1a77b6765801b1375491602661d466ec2fee0d

Those are used when one tries to build a typelib with widl that uses
importlib(). mingw-w64 already does the same thing.

> They're arch specific so how do 32-bit and 64-bit users install them
> at the same time?

Arch pecific bits don't matter for importlib() (and in runtime, we use
typelibs from DLL files, not from includes). I think that treating just
like headers generated from IDLs should be fine.

Jacek