compiling wine (wow64) with opengl 1.3

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 12:08:23 CDT 2020

Hi,

Am 12.06.20 um 22:50 schrieb Alois Schlögl:
> I'd like testing some cross-compile qt5 applications, in the past I was
> able to use wine for testing. However, recently this does not work
> anymore, the application runs on windows but crashes on wine (if you
> want, I can send details ). I suspect that recent versions of qt5
> require opengl 1.3. Therefore, I'm trying to compile wine (actually
> wow64) from source with opengl 1.3 support, and was trying to follow the
> documentation [1,2]. I'm testing on debian 10 and did

I doubt it has anything to do with OpenGL 1.3. GL 1.3 is ancient, Wine
supports way newer GL versions. I suspect that either your host OpenGL
is broken (e.g. there are libs to link against but loading the mesa
driver or creating a context fails) or your program is not working for
some other reason.

Afaik Qt internally uses GL:ES, which is provided by ANGLE, which wraps
to d3d11, which we then wrap to whatever OpenGL is available. I might be
wrong on that though and confuse it with other components that use ANGLE.