winegstreamer: Avoid Fedora and openSUSE?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Jun 21 05:21:59 CDT 2020

On Sat, 30 May 2020, Rosanne DiMesio wrote:

> On Sat, 30 May 2020 20:42:50 +0200 (CEST)
> Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
>

> > For reference, here are the commands it runs on openSUSE Leap 15.1.
> > Maybe that would be a good basis to update the wiki instructions?
> > (or maybe they should be simplified to leverage Emulators:Wine or
> > wt-install-dev more?)
> >
> That will be a big help in updating the wiki. I still want to document
> all the steps, but I will point to your script as an easier way to do
> it all.

I added a --cmd-log SCRIPT option that saves the commands being run in
the specified SCRIPT file. The script can then be run to set up another
(identical) system directly [1]. Mostly it's an easy way to get at all
the relevant commands and copy/paste them wherever.

Also wt-install-dev now also supports openSUSE Tumbleweed.

[1] Note that a script generated on openSUSE Tumbleweed will
    obviously not work on openSUSE Leap. But also the workaround
    commands may not be complete if wt-install-dev was run in --dry-run
    mode, or if a previous run of wt-install-dev had already set up some
    of the workarounds. So the generated script only works on really
    *identical* systems (unlike wt-install-dev itself). But it's still
    good documentation.

    Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?