About GSoC

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 16:55:52 CST 2020

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 9:11 PM André Hentschel <nerv at dawncrow.de> wrote:

> Am 30.10.19 um 10:34 schrieb Matteo Bruni:
> > On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 5:52 PM Alex <ubuntu1aggelalex at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> So, I have this idea of replacing Winetricks with something more beautiful, responsive and functional. I have been developing Wineglass independently as an elementaryOS app (https://github.com/aggalex/Wineglass) and I want to expand it and integrate it with wine in a much better way. If possible, could you inform me about wine's GSoC program? Do you believe such a project is suitable for wine and GSoC?
> >
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > I'm afraid AFAIK GSoC projects need to be about the actual Wine source
> > code, so your idea wouldn't be acceptable as is. Best of luck with
> > Wineglass though :)
> >

> This discussion was ended quite fast, can we reconsider it?

I think I misremembered. It doesn't have to be strictly about Wine,
but it has to be about coding (e.g. documentation or artwork work is
not suitable for GSoC). Otherwise, of course, we have discretion about
what's an acceptable proposal.

Now, I don't think Alex's specific case would apply anyway. AFAIU
Wineglass is their own project and e.g. it would be weird to mentor
that. Feel free to reply if in disagreement though!