Solving patch series collisions with domains?

Jeff Smith whydoubt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:17:53 CST 2020

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 8:27 AM Vincent Povirk (they/them)
<vincent at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> I think it'd make more sense and be simpler to use the From: field of
> the email (not the patch), assuming you have access to that. Or
> failing that, the patch author would probably be OK, sending a series
> with patches by multiple people is unusual.

Hi Vincent,

  As I read it, the issue here is not about determining the sender/author/...
but rather that multiple patch series from the _same_ person, each with
the _same_ number of patches can be confused.  The 'domain' is a
proposal for an _additional_ way of distinguishing them.

Thanks,
Jeff