TestBot status / VMs todo list

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Sat Mar 7 05:26:15 CST 2020

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> * debiant
>   - This new Debian Testing VM is meant to solve some Mesa issues that
>     plague the debian10 VM.
>   - It has somewhat better results for win32 and somewhat worse for
>     wow64.
>   -> Let me know if it needs tweaking.
>   -> Should it replace debian10 as the main Wine testing platform?
>   -> Should debian10 be kept around?

The Wine patches are now tested on debiant, the new Debian Testing VM,
instead of debian10.

Debiant seems to have slightly better results though it's not easy to be
sure because of all the random failures (fix your tests!). For
now the debian10 VM is still doing the daily WineTest runs to provide
a baseline for the current Debian Stable. That may stop at some point.

Also debiant now offers a choice of 75 locales to run the tests in. As
usual, these are available when submitting a job on the website: all one
has to do is pick the locale for any of the three Wine builds on the VM
selection page. Let me know if you're interested in a locale that's not
on the list.

Finally the 64 bit VMs can now all run 64 bit tests, even in their
locale-specific configuration.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>