Wine staging 5.4 release
leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 23:12:30 CDT 2020
Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:
Summary since last release
* Rebased to current wine 5.4 (855 patches are applied to wine vanilla)
We would recommand to use the FAudio 20.02 or greater to ensure the best
* Drakensang Demo requires 20.02 to run.
* BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger missing interface is fixed but will require the
next version of FAudio 20.04 to avoid a crash.
* Bully Scholarship is reported to need the Large Address Aware patch to
work. (not a staging patch)
Upstreamed (Either directly from staging or fixed with a similar patch).
* server: Fix crash when a device driver segfaults during an open file
* d3dx9_36: Implement ID3DXFontImpl_DrawText.
* d3dx9_36: Fix horizontal centering in ID3DXFont_DrawText.
* d3dx9_36: Support NULL terminated strings in ID3DXFont_DrawText.
* d3dx9_36: ID3DXFont_DrawText calc_rect can be null.
* ntdll: Export RtlGetNativeSystemInformation() function.
*  tasklist: Add basic functionality.
*  xactengine: DSA: Drakensang Demo fails on IXACTEngine::Initialize
*  xactengine: Support Bully Scholarship Edition requires
xactengine 3.1 interface.
*  xactengine: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger requires xactengine 3.3
*  xactengine: Captain Morgane requires xactengine 3.4 interface.
*  xactengine: Pac-Man Museum requires xactengine 3.7 interface.
*  ntdll: Detroit: Become Human has poor performance (use of
unaligned futexes for condition variables on Linux)
Where can you help
* Run Steam/Battle.net/GOG/UPlay/Epic
* Test your favorite game.
* Test your favorite applications.
* Improve staging patches and get them accepted upstream.
As always, if you find a bug, please report it via
More information about the wine-devel