RFC How to get rid of "always new" TestBot false positives?
fgouget at codeweavers.com
Fri Mar 27 11:53:24 CDT 2020
On Fri, 27 Mar 2020, Zebediah Figura wrote:
> Okay, so, some thoughts:
> (1) How many of these are there? Have you compiled a list? Maybe we should
> just bite the bullet and add broken() for them instead, and defer figuring out
> why it's actually broken for later.
I'll start with that part.
I only checked the failures that happen in the base 32 bit test
configurations so far (anything that's highlighted in "32 bit WineTest:
base VMs" jobs). A brief look leads me to expect finding essentially the
same set of issues in the 64 bit tests ("642 bit WineTest: base VMs"
jobs), but the Wine jobs may have quite a different set ("WineTest:
debiant VM" jobs)
When attacking the "always new" failures I think the top priority is
* comctl32:datetime: Fails in the Arabic locale
datetime.c:796: Test failed: Expected 24/03/2020, got 2020/03/24
* user32:cursorinfo "wrong info cursor" failure in Chinese locale on Windows 10
cursoricon.c:2366: Test failed: wrong info cursor 003C04BB/00010003
* user32:win "unexpected 0x738 message" Windows 10 failures
win.c:3858: Test failed: message 0738 available
win.c:3852: Test failed: hwnd 00210500 message 0738
* user32:win "unexpected 0x0282 message" Chinese Windows 10 failures
win.c:3849: Test failed: hwnd 00660590 message 0282
win.c:3928: Test failed: hwnd 00660590/01D90478 message 0282
win.c:3931: Test failed: hwnd 00660590/01D90478 message 0282
* user32:win "unexpected 0x7fff message" Japanese Windows 10 failures
win.c:3849: Test failed: hwnd 00660590 message 7fff
win.c:3928: Test failed: hwnd 00660590/01D90478 message 7fff
win.c:3931: Test failed: hwnd 00660590/01D90478 message 7fff
* Error dialogs cause the user32:winstation tests to fail
winstation.c:973: Test failed: unexpected foreground window 00070064
dxgi.c:5185: Test failed: Got unexpected message 0x31f, hwnd 003101F4, wparam 0x1, lparam 0.
dxgi.c:5185: Test failed: Got unexpected message 0x46, hwnd 003101F4, wparam 0, lparam 0x28fc30.
dxgi.c:5185: Test failed: Got unexpected message 0x24, hwnd 003101F4, wparam 0, lparam 0x28f998.
debugger.c:142: Test failed: unable to open 'C:\Users\winetest\AppData\Local\Temp\wt2983.tmp'
debugger.c:142: Test failed: failed to open: C:\Users\winetest\AppData\Local\Temp\wt2983.tmp
debugger.c:654: Test failed: the child and debugged pids don't match: 4780 != 6452
-> These are actually quite rare (12 instances in all of
I'm deferring investigating the following two because it looks like they
may be caused by the "big delay" issues. So I think it makes more sense
to revisit them after I've had a look at it from the QEmu side.
comm.c:886: Test failed: WaitCommEvent used 1594 ms for waiting
The cause for this one may have more to do with the lack of
serial baud rate emulation in QEmu.
render.c:1025: Test failed: Position 6592 too far after playing 100ms
The remaining new failures in that TestBot report look to be more in the
"rare failure" category. Sometimes the issue is made worse by the lack
of reference results due to WineTest timing out (e.g. w1064v1809-he, the
TestBot cannot currently use incomplete test reports but I got an idea
for solving that).
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>
More information about the wine-devel