Wine staging 5.8 release
leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Sat May 9 00:51:38 CDT 2020
Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:
Summary since last release
* Rebased to current wine 5.8 (833 patches are applied to wine vanilla)
Upstreamed (Either directly from staging or fixed with a similar patch).
* ddraw: Remove const from ddraw1_vtbl and ddraw_surface1_vtbl.
* ddraw: Allow writing to vtable for surface and palette
* windowscodecs: Add initial implementation of the GIF encoder.
* windowscodecs: Initialize empty property bag in GIF encoder's
* windowscodecs: Add registration of the GIF encoder.
* windowscodecs: Fix IWICBitmapDecoder::CopyPalette for a not
initialized case in the GIF decoder.
* windowscodecs: Better follow the GIF spec and don't specify the local
color table size if there is no local palette.
* windowscodecs/tests: Add the tests for GIF encoder and decoder.
* windowscodecs: Correctly indicate that the global info was written
even without the global palette.
* d3dx9_36/tests: Remove useless \n within some ok messages.
* ddraw/tests: Add more tests for IDirectDraw7::EnumSurfaces.
* ddraw: Implement DDENUMSURFACES_CANBECREATED flag in ddraw7_EnumSurfaces.
Where can you help
* Run Steam/Battle.net/GOG/UPlay/Epic
* Test your favorite game.
* Test your favorite applications.
* Improve staging patches and get them accepted upstream.
As always, if you find a bug, please report it via
More information about the wine-devel