Would someone please fill me in on direction for loader code?

Jefferson Carpenter jeffersoncarpenter2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 05:29:57 CDT 2020

When I write patches touching the loader code (including process and
thread initialization and startup), it would be useful to know the
overall plans for that area.  Generally I'm asking about ntdll.

What is the team's overall direction for that area of code?  Is it as
simple as "it just has to work"?  Are there things about how it works
that aren't expressed in code but have to be preserved?  Or do you have
plans for how you're intending to change it in the future?

Thanks,
Jefferson