help needed stdlib not linking

spaarder spaarder at hotmail.nl
Wed Sep 9 07:25:47 CDT 2020

Hello,

I want to contribute to the wonderful Wine project, so I decided to
start with a simple patch for the CreateSymbolicLinkW WINAP in
kernelbase.dll .

In my patch I use the system() function, which is in the stdlib
library. The linker cannot find this library because of the "-
nodefautlibs" in Makefile.in .
When I remove -nodefaultlibs, all compiles well, but now wineboot (and
probably a _lot_ of other things) are broken, even if I undo my patch.

Why does removing -nodefaultlibs from wine/dlls/kernelbase/Makefile.in
break so many things? Has it anything to do with @ cdecl system(str)
MSVCRT_system?

What would be the "proper" (wine) way to solve this?

Big thanks!

Hans.