gst.h present but cannot be compiled

Ozan Türkyılmaz ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:51:11 CDT 2021

Hello All,
I was checking the latest git wine source and I had the below error message:
checking gst/gst.h usability... no
checking gst/gst.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: gst/gst.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: gst/gst.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: gst/gst.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: gst/gst.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: gst/gst.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to wine-devel at winehq.org ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
checking for gst/gst.h... no
As the error message said I should report this to wine-devel, I am writing
this email.
I use Slackware-current update (actually Slackware 15 RC1 now).
My gstreamer version is 1.18.4 and I checked the build scripts and there's
no upstream patches applied.
Gcc version is 11.2.0
if any other questions, please ask and I will provide information.
Regards,
Ozan