Wine staging 6.3 release
leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 27 02:08:10 CST 2021
Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:
Summary since last release
* Rebased to current wine 6.3 (694 patches are applied to wine vanilla)
Upstreamed (Either directly from staging or fixed with a similar patch).
* imagehlp: Implement parts of BindImageEx to make freezing Python
* widl: Support WinRT parameterized interface type.
* ntdll: Implement SystemExtendedHandleInformation in
* ntdll: Set object type for System(Extended)HandleInformation in
* user32: Send a WM_ACTIVATE message after restoring a minimized window.
* widl: Support WinRT delegate type.
* widl: Support WinRT parameterized delegate type.
* widl: Compute signatures for parameterized types.
* widl: Compute uuids for parameterized types.
* xactengine3_7: Implement IXACT3Engine PrepareWave
* widl: Never use the namespace ABI prefix for global types.
* widl: Precompute qualified type names, and use them for C++ interfaces.
* widl: Define the C type name as an alias for the C++ qualified name.
* shell32: Implement process elevation using runas verb.
*  Multiple applications require UAC implementation to run
installer/app as a normal user instead of administrator (WhatsApp
Desktop, Smartflix, Squirrel Installers, OneDrive)
*  DiscordSetup.exe (.NET 4.5.2 app): Squirrell installer
requires being run as unelevated process ('explorer.exe' should run
unelevated by default with Vista+ setting)
Where can you help
* Run Steam/Battle.net/GOG/UPlay/Epic
* Test your favorite game.
* Test your favorite applications.
* Improve staging patches and get them accepted upstream.
As always, if you find a bug, please report it via
More information about the wine-devel