Error "syntax error near unexpected token `newline'" in configure

Manuel Reimer mail+wine at m-reimer.de
Sat Jan 2 08:21:45 CST 2021

Hello,

I have to compile an older Wine version (5.6) as this is the last
version which started the League Of Legends client without major problems.

Recently I'm running into the following error while configuring:

|checking whether gcc -m32 works... yes checking for the directory
containing the Wine tools... checking for flex... flex checking whether
flex is recent enough... yes checking for bison... bison checking
whether bison is recent enough... yes checking for ar... ar checking for
strip... strip checking for ranlib... ranlib checking whether ln -s
works... yes checking for grep that handles long lines and -e...
/usr/bin/grep checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E checking for
ldconfig... /sbin/ldconfig checking for msgfmt... msgfmt
../wine-lol/configure: line 7543: syntax error near unexpected token
`newline' ../wine-lol/configure: line 7543: ` ''' I guess this has been
fixed in Wine at some point. Does someone maybe remember which fix on
Wine repaired this? Thanks in advance Manuel |