Proper way to chain-inject DLLs into wine?

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 08:21:45 CST 2021

@Derek, you know more than I do about dxvk, so I am just making you aware of a possible name confusion in Cláudio's mail: dxgi.dll and dxvk.

As Derek says, putting a replacement dxgi.dll in the game dir and having it call up the one from system32 should work fine. The potential problem is the dxgi interface. Wine implements the dxgi and d3d11/12 layering with COM aggregation et all, but to my knowledge dxvk does not. So try if you have luck with Wine's own d3d11 implementation

But even then, I don't know if our dxgi/d3d layering has ever been confronted with a Windows application that needs it. We have tests for it in dxgi/tests and d3d11/tests that pass on Windows and Wine, but there may be bugs.