Converting Paths from within Windows processes on top of Wine

Sebastian M. Ernst ernst at pleiszenburg.de
Sun Jan 17 13:35:26 CST 2021

Hi all,

I have been converting Windows to Unix paths and vice versa from within
Windows processes on top of Wine by calling `wine_unix_to_nt_file_name`
and `wine_nt_to_unix_file_name` in `nddll.dll`.

The signatures of those functions changed from 5.12 to 5.13, which broke
a couple of things. As I need to support multiple versions of Wine, at
least down to 4.0, I need to find a generic (and preferably quick) way
of converting paths.

I am considering to simply call `wine_get_version` for deciding what
signatures to use. Would this approach be advisable or is there a
better, more stable, long-term way of achieving what I want? All of the
mentioned functions are sort of "undocumented" API, as far as I understand.

Best regards & thanks,
Sebastian