Double mouse pointer inside wine game

Navin P navinp0304 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:26:19 CST 2021

Hi,
I've reported the issue at https://github.com/LibVNC/x11vnc/issues/157

I'm running an aws ec2 ubuntu instance . I'm trying to play a game
under wine/playonlinux in the ubuntu instance. On my laptop there are
no double mouse cursor when i start the game under wine. I don't have
the double pointer under wine for things like opening control panel on
aws ec2 instance.

So i tried few vnc server like x2go,tightvncserver and others. I was
not even able to start the game. Then i tried x11vnc with options
x11vnc -xkb -noxrecord -noxfixes -noxdamage -display :0 -auth
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -usepw but in this case i couldn't move mouse
. So i did add -xkbd and -xptr to give x11vnc -xkb -noxrecord
-noxfixes -noxdamage -display :0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -usepw
-grabkbd -grabptr -grabalways.
Now when i move mouse i can see there are 2 mouse pointers and i can
start the game. I tried -overlay but it also doesn't fix the double
mouse cursor.

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/74448943/105038268-1e463580-5a85-11eb-86f3-512f6e462bf5.jpg

The top mouse pointer belongs to the game and you can click options
like new game /load game etc but the below mouse pointer is confusing
and when you click it on the options it does nothing.

Expected Behavior
There shouldn't be 2 mouse pointers. VM instance is aws ec2 ubuntu
instance 20.04 focal.

Can wine or registry keys help in this regard ?

Regards,
Navin