WoW64 on Catalina

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Jul 20 10:01:24 CDT 2021

Theodore Dubois <tblodt at icloud.com> writes:

> The latest I've found is that Alexandre's favorite solution is to
> insert thunks between 32-bit PE libraries and 64 bit host interface
> libraries. At the time PE libraries weren't really a thing yet, but
> they seem to be now. Is the PE work in a state where it would be
> possible to start generating thunks? Is anyone working on this?

Jacek and myself are working on this. As far as host libraries thunks
are concerned, the plan is to use the __wine_unix_call() function that
Jacek introduced recently.  There are still a couple of small pieces
that I need to add before we can start writing thunks for other PE dlls,
as I've been concentrating on the ntdll thunks for now.

At this point if you want to help, you can either work on converting
some of the remaining dlls to PE+Unix lib, or convert some of the
existing Unix libs to the __wine_unix_call() interface
(cf. winepulse.drv for an example of how to do that).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org