Why did hid:device start timing out on May 24th?

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Sun Jun 20 03:03:49 CDT 2021

The failure pattern shows that hid:device started timing out about 20%
of the time on the debiant2 VM on or about the 24th of May:

https://test.winehq.org/data/patterns.html#hid:device

debiant2 was last modified on 2021-05-11 so that's not it.

There is no obviously related commit on that date. I tried bisecting for
a commit by considering a commit good only if the test succeeds 25 times
in a row. But that was inconclusive.

Similarly I looked for another test interfering with hid:device (with
the same repeat count), but that was inconclusive too.

So does anyone have any idea what could have changed?
Or better yet, have a fix for it?

Note that the timeout seems to only impact the tests running in a
non-English locale or a WoW Wine build. In other words anything that's
not the plain 32-bit English Wine. That's strange too.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>