An introduction of a potential student contributor

Zhiyi Zhang zzhang at codeweavers.com
Wed Jun 23 02:30:19 CDT 2021

On 6/23/21 3:17 PM, Weiwen Chen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> My name is Weiwen Chen, an undergraduate at Fudan University, Department of
> Physics. I'm interested in open source projects and I have three years'
> programming experience, mainly in python, c and golang. I have some
> experience of operating system utilities through the labs of MIT 6.828. I'm
> a linux user and wine is something good in my daily life. Maybe I'm not as
> experienced as you, but I'll try my best to do something useful.
>
> I applied to the 'Implement robocopy.exe' summer project
> <https://wiki.winehq.org/Summer_Of_Code#Implement_robocopy.exe>, and have
> exchanged several emails with Ms. Figura and Mr. Li. (Though I'm not sure
> whether my application will be accepted! ;))
>
> ---
>
> Besides, I want to know how to add a new executable into the `programs/`
> directory correctly.
>
> I'm trying to set up a skeleton program which can be compiled. I created
> `robocopy/` dir under `programs/`, copied things from `reg/` and modified
> the `MODULE` variable in `Makefile.in`, added lines below in `configure.ac`
> and rerun `autoconf` command.
>
> WINE_CONFIG_MAKEFILE(programs/robocopy)
> WINE_CONFIG_MAKEFILE(programs/robocopy/tests)
>
> I hope it will generate an executable called `robocopy.exe` which acts like
> `reg.exe`, but I don't find it under `.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/` or
> `.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/`. Have I missed anything? I wonder how to
> add a skeleton executable into `programs/` which can be correctly compiled
> and placed.

You need to copy robocopy.exe into the prefix. For example, add the following line to loader/wine.inf.in around line 2657 [FakeDlls] section

"11,,robocopy.exe"

For further reading, see dlls/setupapi/install.c SetupInstallFromInfSectionW() and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/using-dirids also https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/overview-of-device-and-driver-installation