winegcc library creation/import broken.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Mar 6 04:38:17 CST 2021

Peter Dons Tychsen <donpedro.list at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi WineHQ,
>
> I have an older library that i have create using winelib (and an application that uses it). It use to work fine. In later wine builds this does not work any more.
>
> I have tried allot of different combinations, and i cannot seem to get was has broken.
>
> 1) Every time a call is made into the library the program crashes immediately.
> 2) If i compile all the files into one program from the beginning the program works fine.
> 3) Using "winemaker" to create a library and app shows the exact same problem.
> 4) It seems to be related to importing the library or maybe the calling convention?
>
> I have a feeling this is just broken somewhere, or have i done
> something wrong all along, and first now do i get punished for it
> because something changed? Again, winemaker shows the exact same
> problem.

Because of the loader changes needed to support PE builtins, importing a
Winelib library directly at the Unix level is currently broken. It may
be reimplemented at some point, but that's not trivial.

You can still link to a library at the Unix level (as opposed to
building an import library and linking to that), but you have to tell
Wine explicitly about the loaded library. This can be done by adding a
LoadLibraryA("libtest.so") at the start of your app.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org