RFC: Missing entry points -> skip or failure?

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 22 05:39:33 CDT 2021

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021, Nikolay Sivov wrote:
[...]
> > The two lines starting with "|" are extracted from the Windows critical
> > error dialog and clearly show the issue.
> >
> > The remaining question is whether this case should really be a skip
> > or a failure.
>
> I think particular case it should not run this test on Vista at all,
> because rtworkq.dll does not exist there. That's why I didn't bother
> with pointer checks, CoGetApartmentType() is always available where
> rtworkq.dll is available. Vista is probably a bad example.

I see. Vista is missing both rtworkq.dll and the entry point in
ole32.dll but Windows found the missing entry point issue first and only
reported that.

> A general failure/timeout is equally informative, screenshots then will
> have first missing function name, do we need more than that?

Right now the TestBot reports no failure at all since it's a skip.

> > https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=87361&f201=exe32.report#k201

Also in my experience almost nobody checks the screenshots but at least
now that information is in the test report.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>