Proposal for joining OSPP Summer Code 2021

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sun May 9 12:16:02 CDT 2021

> Am 09.05.2021 um 16:28 schrieb litimetal at gmail.com:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences[1] (ISCAS) and openEuler community are jointly organizing Summer 2021 of Open Source Promotion Plan (OSPP). This project[3] is very similar to Google Summer of Code (GSoC) and Outreachy[4].

It certainly sounds interesting. We'll have the same challenge as with GSoC though: No easy projects are left in Wine. The ideas page is rather thin.

> One interesting point, OSPP is providing three different levels[6], with different awards (about USD 1.8k, 1.4k, 0.9k)[7]. That might make it easier to find projects/students (Thanks to Austin English to notice it)

The other bit is that they explicitly list documentation work as possible tasks. GSoC ruled those out (maybe this changed; I haven't checked lately). This adds a few (but not many) opportunities for easy, yet useful projects. I don't think this alone is enough to participate, we'll need more useful actual development proposals.