Using native Chrome OS FilesApp for file chooser

Jactry Zeng jzeng at codeweavers.com
Tue May 18 00:26:14 CDT 2021

Yeah, it is possible, here is a quick test: https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/2121950 .

> I will see if I can get a dbus server implementation working, and then
> hopefully I can patch in your changes and modify to
> use gtk_file_chooser_native_*.
>
> Do you expect your changes to be merged into wine?
I don't think so. That is very experimental, it may be very buggy, I only
tested it with very limited applications.
And the reason why our customer wants this just because they think Wine's
dialogs look not beautiful, they want to get rid of those. But Wine is improving its theming things, I expect Wine's dialogs can be better when this work finished, and then we don't need this GTK wrapper finally. So I didn't try harder to upstream it.
Other than that, I don't know if that or something similar will be accepted by Alexandre.