How to install Wine?

igor evgen igorevgen at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 04:55:47 CDT 2021

Hi there,
I tried to install Wine (whatever latest version) on my Ubuntu 21.04.

My computer Terminal advised:
<wget dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key sudo apt-key add Release.key sudo apt-add-repository 'dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu'>.
The above was followed & done more than once, including the way recommended by winehq.org. (I mean to enter a site, copy a command to a Terminal, etc., as a dummy does.)

However, Terminal answered:
<The following packages have unmet dependencies.
winehq-stable : Depends: wine-stable (= 6.0.1~hirsute-1)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.>

Does it mean that Wine cannot be installed on my 21.04?

Kindly note, I am not a computer engineer, just a user.What I quoted from the Terminal program is not my expertise.

Thank you.Igor