Wine on Android

Julius Hamilton juliushamilton100 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 08:59:13 CDT 2021

Hey,

I downloaded the Wine package for Android ARM in the most recent version:
wine-6.17-arm.apk, last updated on September 10th, 2021. I installed it on
a Motorola G4 with Android 11 in a standard way, just clicking on the
downloaded file and letting Android install it. When I open it, it gives a
warning that the app is for an older version of Android, and when it
finishes loading, it exits and returns to the home screen.

Does anyone know why this might be?

I did accidentally install version 3.0 first, which opened but was just a
grey screen with no command prompt, but then I uninstalled it. I don't know
if the previous installation is affecting the new one somehow.

Thank you very much,
Julius