Envisioned Gitlab workflow

Rémi Bernon rbernon at codeweavers.com
Tue Apr 26 05:09:07 CDT 2022

Hi Alexandre,

On 4/25/22 19:04, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>    4. Reviewers will be automatically assigned to the merge request
>       based on the MAINTAINERS file (not implemented yet). Reviewers
>       can also be assigned manually.  People assigned as reviewers
>       should receive a notification from gitlab.
>
>    5. When someone starts reviewing a patch, they can optionally assign
>       the patch to themselves, so that the submitter is aware that
>       someone is working on their patch.

Does this means we're supposed to be able to assign ourselves as
reviewers of merge requests or is it still something you only can do?
Right now it doesn't seem to be possible (maybe a permission issue, or
there's a contribution threshold, or I haven't found the button).

I personally think it'd be very nice if it was open to anyone, so that
we can indicate we're willing to review some merge request, without
having to necessarily be the maintainer of the area first. Of course
reviews from non-maintainers won't be the same as reviews from
maintainers, but I think it can help with the workload.

Cheers,
--
Rémi Bernon <rbernon at codeweavers.com>