Wine web-based translation using Weblate

Óvári ovari123 at zoho.com
Sat Aug 6 05:13:53 CDT 2022

Hello,

Can Wine please be available for translation using a browser (eg
Firefox) at Weblate?
https://hosted.weblate.org/

Thank you

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022:
[...]
> I would have to reassess to be exact but the requirement that caused
> issues with most of the systems I investigated was that wine requires
> all patches, even translations, to be clearly accredited to a user by
> full real name and email.

I remember that being the main issue too. But their attribution FAQ says
every change is committed under the translators name:

https://docs.weblate.org/fr/latest/faq.html#how-does-weblate-credit-translators

| Every change made in Weblate is committed into VCS under the |
translators name. This way every single change has proper authorship, |
and you can track it down using the standard VCS tools you use for | code.

It sounds like this would fulfil Wine's requirement.

Also this should probably be posted on wine-devel since it concerns the
whole community and would broaden the pool of people who can move
forward on this.