Patch tracker

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Aug 15 05:23:16 CDT 2022

Folks,

We now have an automated reviewer assignment bot in Gitlab, thanks to
the work of Jeremy White, so I think it's time to retire the
wine-devel patch tracker. From now on, please submit everything
through merge requests; patches sent to wine-devel will no longer be
applied.

Some reminders about the new policies:

- Adding a Signed-off-by header is no longer necessary. This is
  replaced by the Gitlab approval mechanism.

- When a new MR is submitted, the bot will assign reviewers based on
  the MAINTAINERS file.  If the bot got it wrong, or if you would like
  to request reviews from other people, feel free to modify the list
  of reviewers.

- If you don't have permission to modify reviewers, you should request
  access to the Wine project. There should be a link for this on the
  main project page at https://gitlab.winehq.org/wine/wine

- I won't merge a MR until all reviewers have approved it. If you are
  assigned as reviewer but are unable/unwilling to review that MR,
  please unassign yourself so that the MR isn't blocked waiting for
  your approval.

- In general, approving your own MR is not necessary or useful.

- As an exception to the above, if your MR contains commits authored
  by someone else, you are asked to explicitly approve it. The bot
  will assign you as an extra reviewer in that case.

- Approval information is stored in git notes. You can fetch the
  refs/notes/commits head if you'd like to see that information in
  your local tree.

- We now have a CI pipeline to make sure that all the commits of a MR
  compile cleanly. Later on, the pipeline will also run the tests.  Make
  sure to check the pipeline results; a MR with a failed pipeline won't
  be merged.

Questions? Comments?

--
Alexandre Julliard