Cannot configure ARM64 (outdated wiki?)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 09:06:05 CST 2022

Am Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2022, 17:35:41 EAT schrieb Carlo Bramini:
> It seems that I'm missing something and sadly the wiki does not give enough
> information. I suspect that those information are completely wrong or just
> outdated, if you need to use clang for building for ARM64. Can you give me
> some advice about which other packages I must install (if any) and/or if
> there are more things to do, like setting the clang options like
> target/sysroot/etc?

I think this is very distro dependent. I think e.g. on my gentoo distro I'd be
out of luck (https://bugs.gentoo.org/680652). https://clang.llvm.org/docs/
CrossCompilation.html has some distro independent docs. How to map that to
something for $DISTRO is beyond Wine's documentation I'm afraid.

Personally, I have built Wine for aarch64 on aarch64 hosts (i.e., no cross
compiling) Fairly simple to pass CC=clang there.

Also don't use --enable-win64 on aarch64; That's something we should fix in our
docs :-)