Arbitrary DOS device name

Daniel Kucera wine at danman.eu
Thu Jan 27 07:13:47 CST 2022

On 2022-01-27 08:32, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
>> Am 27.01.2022 um 01:36 schrieb Daniel Kucera <wine at danman.eu>:
>>
>> How do I load it in wine now?
>
> Have a look at how mountmgr.sys is loaded. Tiere is a service in
> HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MountMgr
>
> Regarding potentially loading the original driver: Do you have a
> Windows installation with the driver installed? Look at where it is
> installed in the registry, maybe Wine has the necessary infrastructure
> to load it if you add it manually. Though all that is not exactly my
> area of expertise :-/

I have copied the original driver to C: and installed like this:

wine sc create DSO6CDE binPath= C:\\Hantek6000BAMD64.Sys type= kernel

This have resulted in ~ the same registry contents of
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DSO6CDE as on my Windows
installation but the driver doesn't work unfortunately.

For future reference, to install my driver I had to:

- build it (make)
- cp hantek.sys.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/
- cp hantek.sys.fake ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/drivers/hantek.sys
- wine sc create Hantek binPath=
C:\\windows\\system32\\drivers\\hantek.sys type= kernel start= auto

Now when I run the app, I can see trace from the driver:

$ WINEDEBUG=trace+hantek wine Scope.exe
002b:trace:hantek:DriverEntry (000000000011FCA0,
L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\Hantek")
hantek
002b:trace:hantek:DriverEntry created device hantek

Now just the implementation... :)

Thank you for your help.