Arbitrary DOS device name

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 10:19:11 CST 2022

Am Freitag, 28. Jänner 2022, 12:03:22 EAT schrieb Daniel Kucera:
> Good news!
>
> I have been able to fix configure and mutex issue by removing
> -mno-cygwin option from Makefile.in
> The other linker issue I fixed by specifying the lib name as:
> IMPORTS   = ntoskrnl usb-1.0.
> this removes the last dot and anything behind.
>
> The driver works and I can run my scope app on wine!

Gratulations! You got what you set out to do, although getting the original
Windows driver to work would be nice to have too.

> My last question is how to build the driver off the tree? Is there any
> example/guide?

https://wiki.winehq.org/Winelib_User%27s_Guide is probably a starting point,
although it is more about converting existing Windows software than writing
something new and possibly outdated.

Look at the winegcc and winebuild invocations that the build system does with
your in-tree driver. Also have a look at tools/winemaker.